The Corporate Connection
Dr David Clayton B.Sc., M.SC., Ph.D.
A graduate of the University of Manchester and the Cranfield Institute of Technology, David brings specialist knowledge of engineering and financial business management resultant from over 35 years in senior industrial management and directorial roles.
He has spent the last 6 years in a hands–on directorial capacity, leading telematics companies delivering innovative technical growth strategies which embrace fast-evolving telematics technologies. (The past four years was spent developing his own company until an acquisition was successfully negotiated in May 2009.)
He qualified as a Chartered Engineer and a Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers. His hands-on experience includes:-
- Understanding of engineering manufacturing and materials technology.
- Personal working knowledge of company financial affairs and financial systems implementation and control.
- Development of meaningful business strategies.
- Hands-on implementation of brand development, market research and marketing strategies.
- Proven record of coaching (new and early start entrepreneurial companies).
- The skills to deliver a corporate management platform for team development and growth.
- Interim management of high growth companies.
David’s experience derives from:-
- His work in academy on the engineering properties of materials.
- Hands-on understanding of engineering manufacturing as Management Services Director of the engineering companies of McKechnie plc, and later as Managing Director of his own engineering and electronics company
- Consultant to McKechnie plc dealing with acquisitions and disposals.
- Founder/shareholder of an e-commerce solution provider (floated on the Ofex stock exchange).
- As a QED Consultant delivering the High Growth Start Up (HGSU) programme for Business Link South Yorkshire.
- Founder/Managing Director of a telematics technologies company until its acquisition in May 2009.